Saturday, 8 May 2010

We have K9 (and Ferret) touch down!

Thursday Evening / Night and Friday Morning were a complete blur but I'll try and give a brief summary.

Over the last few evenings I've gone over and over the paperwork for shipping the animals to Canada. Its 13 documents which is 23 original copies and when the correctly photocopied produced 46 pieces of paper - to ship four animals.

11:30pm Thursday - we loaded the dogs and the ferrets into the car and my dad and I set out for Heathrow. The dogs were great as usual, the exercise they had during the day meant they were already tired and with the exception of pee breaks slept most of the way down.

My dad and I shared the drive down and it was mostly event free, if a little fragrent (shareing a sealed car with two ferrets for 7 hours is not great, but needed to be done.

When we arrived at Air Canada's Cargo Terminal at Heathrow, again everything more or less went to plan. The guys on the desk were wide eyed at the amount of paperwork but once I handed it to them split into piles for the individual animals they were relieved and I was thankful I'd gone over and over it all so closely.

The Ferrets were loaded first, both in one container with sawdust and loads of space, they seemed quite happy (and Lively). Loki and Duffy were not bothered by the whole situation, in fact when I went to fetch them from reception where my dad was holding them, they were play wrestling. I loaded them into their respective crates and they were absolute stars, no trouble at all. From there they were taken, X-rayed and put in the "Warm room" to await loading on the plane.

I don't know the full in's and outs of collection yet, but Jaime collected them from the airport successfully yesterday and all four were very glad to see her. I know Jaime has already had the dogs on a walk on the mountain and has started them settling in.

The 13 Documents all sorted and ordered

23:30 getting ready to leave

06:00 Friday (toilet break before arriving at the airport)

Enzo and Flash making the most of their hammock

Loki & Duffy waiting patiently to be loaded into their crates

No comments:

Post a Comment